The Friends of Roberts’ Park (FoRP) was first founded in 2004 by a group of local enthusiasts with a shared appreciation of Roberts’ Park. If you have come to enjoy the park as much as we do, why don’t you become a FoRP member?
We can offer new members a variety of interesting volunteering opportunities and the chance to meet new people in your local area!
Some of the Friends’ activities in the past have included:
- Organisation and marshalling of regular Summer musical events at the park bandstand.
- Organisation of Easter Egg hunts.
- Organisation and coordination of local opposition to the proposed Salts Mill Weir hydropower scheme within the bounds of the Park on conservation grounds. The scheme was ultimately shelved, however the Friends remain vigilent in case it should resurface.
- Regular group meetings to discuss the current state and future plans for the park, and liaison with Council representatives.
- Assisting the lottery bid for the regeneration of the park.
- Planning the park planting scheme.
The friends can be contacted directly at firstname.lastname@example.org for further information about future volunteering opportunities within the park or to discuss any other park-related issues. You can also check out our Facebook group here.