Thank you to everyone who attended our AGM last Wednesday. The Friends have had an action-packed 2016, and so far 2017 is already shaping up to be another busy year in the park!
- The ongoing park wildlife survey continues, in collaboration with Bradford Urban Wildlife Group. have received valuable guidance about how we can maximise park biodiversity.
- The park outside toilets were damaged in last year’s floods and have yet to reopen properly. This issue was discussed at some length. We now believe that this will now be resolved by the Spring, which represents progress. Sadly there is still no news about when the cafe is likely to re-open.
- Once again we will have World Heritage Weekend in the park in April 2017 with FoRP taking the lead with organising the event programme within the park itself.
- Many people may not be aware, but a fixture in Roberts Park for many years were a pair of naval guns installed on either side of the bandstand. As part of the ongoing park restoration plans Ian our park manager has managed to locate some suitable replacements that we hope could one day be installed in the park. Although there remains much work still to do here this is obviously very exciting news! We hope that this will build upon the existing urn installation work completed this year by the council.
- FoRP committee positions have been decided for another year, and these are as follows:
Lesley Brook – Chair
Stephen Ellwood – Treasurer
David Brazendale – Secretary
Lastly, we would like to thank everyone in Saltaire who has lent us their support over the last year.